I made a doll dress with my new serger! It was modeled after a dress I made in a sewing co-op.
Here is my new planning notebook, I write my sewing stuff here.
Here are a couple pictures of me making it.
The dress form was helpful.
Here are some other things I made with my new serger. Doll handkerchiefs,
and coasters. I love my new serger. It works really, really well.
I’ve got some exciting news to share! I was given the gift of a free serger from a special friend I’ve never met. Thank you special friend!
Looks complicated…I’m not one to love finishing seams and a serger will help me to do that much easier. I love using a serger! I just need to learn how to thread my own machine.
Look at that edge! I can’t wait to get started. I’m working on the underskirt of a very special project and I think the serger will make the first seam a lot easier.
More hints on the special project soon. Stay tuned!
I got a sewing machine for Christmas!
It came with a bag of aqua fabric and doodads which is special because aqua is my favorite color.
|My machine with aqua fabric and doodads near our tree
|My Bernette 82e on my art desk…we put it there by the end of Christmas Day and I’ve sewn a bunch of things on it. It was hard to leave it for a week to see our family for Christmas!
This machine is absolutely, dramatically AWESOME! My favorite things about the machine are:
- I like the drop in bobbin!
- I like that it has a purple front.
- I love that it’s up on my art desk in my room.
- I like how quietly it sews.
- It’s my very own- which is really one of the best things about it!
- The needle stops in the up position automatically.
- The compartment on the front holds the accessories.
- I like that you can get a ruffler attachment for it! (I haven’t gotten it yet though)
- I love that an aqua ribbon was tied onto it just for me!
My mom helped me to reorganize my art desk so stay tuned for more pictures!