I’m excited to share with you my sewing library. I get to use these books to find projects I like to work on. Some are easy books for kids and some are a little more advanced, but I always learn something when I read them.
|This is one of my newest additions to the library.|
- Sew What Skirts– there a few styles in here my mom loves. It’s easy to make a skirt just from measurements and since I like my skirts long, this has some great instructions.
- Sew What Bags– fun bags to make for all levels of sewers.
- Bend-the-Rules Sewing– great if you want a guide to a new kind of sewing!
- Bend the Rules with Fabric– fun ideas for being creative with fabric
- Simple Sewing– this one is made by Klutz and was such a great hand sewing kit. It appears to be available only used
- Simply Sewing
- Sewing School– my favorite! Easy projects for hand sewing or machine sewing
- Quilting (Kids Can Do It)
- Sewing Bits and Pieces– using fabric scraps to sew new things
- Get the Most from Your Sewing Machine– tips for using features on your machine to do cool things
- Weekend Sewing
- Sew Serendipity– some sweet projects in here
- Singer Sewing Essentials– some great basic sewing guidelines
- Seams to Me
- Quilter’s Complete Guide– pretty big guide on how to make different quilt designs
- Handmade Home– fun little repurposing projects in here
- The Creative Family- some easy sewing projects for being creative
- Making Fleece Crafts– I love sewing fleece!
This is really a combined library. Some of the books are mine and some of them are my mom’s that she has been using for a long time. She used to sew more (when kids, homeschooling and blogging were not past times so much!) and had started a small library when she got her sewing machine. Now that I love to sew we’ve added on. Everyone knows I love craft and sewing books so it’s an easy gift! We also get them from library book sales and with discount coupons. Mom says we rarely buy a book at full price.